Cuauh Tochtli Chicano Purepecha Huetamu Michhuacan
in Colorado, Aztlan Anahuac, Ixachilan Columbus Protest (2003)!
I am a grad student, active member in the community, and Xicano Purhepecha Native who believes that a better
world is possible.
Autobiography: Education and Degrees Earned: 1998-2005
· Major: Ph.D. in Native American
Studies with an emphasis on Meso-America and J.D. in International Human Rights.
· CSUN Graduate Student in Chicano
Studies. (expected Master of Art, 2005)
· California State University Northridge, Bachelor of Arts in Sociology. (2002)
· Los Angeles Pierce College, Associate of Arts in Liberal Arts. (2000)
· Los Angeles Valley College, Transfer
Alliance Honors Program. (1999)
· West Valley Occupational Center, Certificate in Computer Literacy. (1999)
Activities, Honors Activities, and Scholarships: 1999-2005
- American Indian Studies Association (2004-05)
Wow Administrator, Indigenous Awareness Coordinator...
- Xicano Studies Graduate Student Association (2003-04) Board
· Mentor/Tutor: Mobilizing Families Project for CSUN at S. F. High School. (2002)
· CSUN, Research
Project: Mentoring L.A. Youth Project, independent in Psychology. (2002)
· Tutor: Future Scholars Program for CSUN
at Byrd Middle School. (2002)
· Hispanic Scholarship Fund, University Transfer Scholarship (2001)
Aide: Gateway to Student Success at L.A. Valley College Title V, tutoring under represented college students. (2000)
Mentor: Los Angeles Team Works Mentoring Inc. at Pacoima Middle School. (2000)
· Cal State Northridge, Honors Program
· Tutor: Disabled Students Program Services at L.A. Valley College. (2000)
· LA Valley College, Tau
Alpha Epsilon, Honor Society (1999)
· LA Valley College, Transfer Alliance Program, Honors Program. (1999)
· American Indian Studies Association (2004-05)
- Xicano Graduate Student Association, (2003-04)
- CSUN Sociology Club, Chairperson. (Fall 2002)
· Conducted State and National workshops on Xicano/Black Gangs.
· CSUN, Aztlan Graduation and Scholarship Committee, graduate. (2001-2002)
· LAVC, Associated
Students, former Senator. (2000-2001)
· LA Valley and Pierce College, Xicano de Aztlan, former Chairperson and Representative.
· Member of Cal State Northridge: American Indian Studies Association, Movimiento Educantil Xicano de
Aztlan, Sociology Club, Xicano Chorus, San Fernando Youth Council, Aztlan Graduation and Scholarship Committee, Students Against
War Peace Coalition, San Fernando Danza Mexica Cuauhtemoc, Xicano Graduate Student Association, Aztlan Nation Harmony Keepers,
CSUN Pow Wow Committee, and Indigenous Awareness Month Coordinator. (2000-2005)
Papers Written and Poetry. (Coming